Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden~~Las Vegas

As a last "Hurrah" before our Summer Break ended and school started, the kids & I made a trip down to Las Vegas to visit Grams & Papa (& Emily's family).  Breaking out of our norm, we went down to "The Strip" and took the kids to Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage.  It was a beautiful oasis in the middle of an insane city.  

Spencer, the Tiger Cub, is ready to move into the cages with the other Tigers.


Nathan & Grams with one of the captivating White Tigers.


The only animals that we were able to touch were made of stone.


The Dolphin Habitat was no Sea World, but it held the kids attention all the same.


We had a special treat at The Secret Garden~~Roy came to visit!  A few years back, while we were still living in Las Vegas, Roy had a tragic incident as one of his tigers decided to munch on him during a performance.   Though he is no longer the showman he once was, it was still fun to see him come to spend time with his tiger cubs.
A funny story:  As Roy was entering the cage he was wearing dark sunglasses and was practically being held up by people on both sides.  It was a slow process.
There was a lady behind me who said, "Oh, look!   That's nice.  They are letting the blind people go into the cages with the tigers."
Immediately, she realized her blunder and declared, "Oh!  That's Roy!  I can't believe I just said that out loud."
She was embarrassed, but we got a good chuckle. 

4 comments:

Belinda said...

Liz - I wish i would have known you were here. we could have met you for dinner or lounch or something. Maybe next time.

Amy said...

Fun updates Liz! It's sad that summer is over!

Michelle said...

That was a really funny story about Roy! Looks like you guys had a good time in Vegas.

LehiLeavitts said...

I needed a good laugh before I went to bed. I guess we should all be careful about what we say outloud. I'm still laughing (maybe it's late as much as it's funny!)