Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh Canada!


It had been quite a few years since I had been up to Canada, home of my childhood.  The kids and I took a road trip up to Alberta with my Mom and sister, Melissa, to attend my cousin's wedding. The landscape of Cardston, Alberta was not quite the same as British Columbia (a little lacking in dense forests), but it was still very beautiful.  It was fun to be on Canadian soil again, and also to see the Canadian flag that I grew up with.

Before the trip, the kids were really excited at the prospect of going to Canada--a different country!  I wonder if they were a little disappointed--Spencer commented, "It doesn't really look any different."  But they all got Canada T-shirts and Canadian candy, so I think they easily got over any disappointment they may have felt. 

1 comment:

Christina Mangelson said...

I can't believe you drove all the way there. I hope you had fun. Maybe one of these days I will try a road trip.