Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What Did You Do For Christmas?


 . . . A little kayaking in the ocean . . .
 . . . A little hiking in the the tropical forest . . .
 . . . A little horse-back riding . . .
 . . . A little walking on Waikiki Beach at sunset . . .

 . . . And a whole lot of wearing shorts and T-shirts and sandals . . . oh, and swimsuits!

It is a little sad to come home from Hawaii to so much snow.

With the reality of a snow-covered town, I am beginning to wonder if Hawaii was just a dream.
(Maybe I should just climb into bed and dream until the snow melts!  But that may not happen until June!!)
 

15 comments:

Trish said...

Ah...keep dreaming! Glad you guys had fun! You deserve it!

Katherine said...

Yea - your Christmas wins!
Looks pretty dreamy to me.

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

soo jealous...i hope we can go when we get some cash flow!

Kadi said...

Uh, I've been telling Joel to take me to Hawaii for 6 years...you give me hope! Looks like you had so much fun. I wouldn't want to come home either...especially to snow! I'm glad to be able to keep up with you and your darling family on your blog now...

Christina Mangelson said...

Jealous......I wish I were with you guys. You can't beat Hawaii!

Julie said...

Soo Soo jealous! Looks like you had a blast.

Tara Hoppie said...

Wow. It looks like your trip to Hawaii was amazing. I am so glad you went!

I love the snowfort idea. You are such a fun mom!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! Wish it could have been me!! See you at aerobics

kelly said...

so glad you found me! I love your blog too - will be great to watch your family memories...have a great week! kelly

Bridget said...

Ahhh...we LOVE Hawaii! So glad you two got to getaway together! By the way, does Matt and Joanne have a blog?

dcwfamily said...

Hi Liz! I miss you! Hawaii would be awesome!!~

Liz said...

I found your blog through Dayna's and it's really fun seeing your sweet family! It's even more fun, and a little weird, to see my name signed at the bottom of all your posts. I guess I'm not Liz Laudie anymore... or at least the only one. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog!

Long Family said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I am glad you could escape to someplace warm and beautiful!
ps your blog is darling!

Theran Kim Alexa and Theran II said...

How fun! I would love to escape this weather right now!! Glad you found our blog. It's my way of keeping in touch with the outside world while I'm in hibernation for the winter. Hey, I've been meaning to say THANK YOU for the yummy chocolates and beautiful poinsettia. Again, I'm rarely out of the house, so thank you (much delayed) via blogger. :)